Are you tired of trying to keep track of USB drives so you can move files between computers? Do you regularly email files to yourself from your work computer so you can work on them at home? Have you ever found yourself needing to send a file to someone that was too big for email? Then Dropbox is for you.
Dropbox basically gives you your very own hard drive in the cloud, and since it's in the cloud it's accessible from any computer or any mobile device equipped with the Dropbox app.
With Dropbox you can do the following:
- store photos, documents, music and video files
- Install a Dropbox folder directly on your desktop to keep files in sync
- email links to people that will allow them to download large files from your Dropbox
- email documents from your Dropxbox using your mobile phone
How much does Dropbox cost?
- Free iPhone and Android apps
- 2 GB of cloud storage for free
- 50 GB for $9.99/month
- Special plans/pricing for teams