Position Title: Copywriter
Reports To: Creative Director (Copy)
The Copywriter is responsible for creating unique and engaging content that speaks to our client’s consumer, shapes a consistent image and meets established brand strategies and expectations.
Essential Job Duties and Skills:
• Own the ability to deliver big ideas that are on brand and strategy while maintaining accuracy and consistency in writing style
• Write clear, concise and strategic messages that drive business results, support key marketing initiatives and inspire action
• Partner with senior copy-team members to develop copy that speaks genuinely to our client’s consumer, shapes a consistent image and meets brand strategies and expectations
• Participate in concept meetings raising copy issues where relevant as well as participate in brainstorming sessions to help develop and define creative strategies
• Ability to convert complex, technical information into easy-to-read promotional copy
• Analyze and interpret language to determine appropriate style and grammatical usage required
• Well organized and able to balance multiple projects across a variety of media including print, ROP, direct mail and interactive
• Collaborate with team members and all departments accordingly to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
• Possess superior language, grammar and creative writing skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and flexibility in meeting urgent requests
• Keep up to date with trends in branding, marketing, advertising, and related communications industries
• Becomes and stays knowledgeable about products and services specific to assigned accounts
• Proofread and edit as necessary
• Enter time on a daily basis
• Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality are required
Other Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study preferred
• 3+ years of experience in the development of ad concepts and/or copywriting required preferably in an agency setting
• Previous experience working in the spirits category and/or event marketing preferred
• Understanding of experiential marketing required
• Previous experience creating integrated marketing platforms
• Ability to analyze and interpret all forms of information, write for a variety of media and audiences and conform messaging to prescribed style format
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of authoring tools a plus
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job‐related instructions and to perform other job‐related duties requested by their supervisor. “All employment with BFG is at will”.